Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back from Beyond

OK so ... blog FAIL for a couple weeks.

Sorry. Long story short, a lot going on and I didn't feel like keeping up for a couple weeks.

But I've been working hard! I wasn't able to go to Weight Watchers for a couple weeks because of various activities, but I went today and lost 1.5 lbs. YAYY. I think I am going to start assigning random objects or concepts to the amount of weight I lost instead of saying pounds. Like, I lost 1.5 cultural zeitgeists. I am down 1.5 soupcons of dignity. I am minus 1.5 tubes of undiluted bilotuber pus. Yeah.

The results for the workout challenge were that I worked out 6 of 7. I really did try to work out the 7th day. I went to see Harry Potter in the daytime, then had some dinner, then headed home. I didn't count on Retro on Roscoe, however. I drove around for an hour looking for parking before heading back to Mike's house to hang out and wait out this awful festival. I SHOULD have brought my workout bag when I left for his house the first time (to meet to take the bus to Navy Pier) but I didn't!

However, we DID walk for a couple miles so at least I did something, I also like to think I burned rage calories in the car.

Like:
Screaming "WHY?! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?" - 35 calories
Crying: - 45 calories
Beating steering wheel with fists - 60 x 2
Beating steering with fists while screaming and crying: 130
Shaking with uncontrollable rage: 45

So I did some burning there, I suppose.

What is my challenge this week?! Well since I FAILED to blog for two weeks I am going to have to do two! I think they will be: 1. Working out every day IN THE MORNING! and 2. No eating after 8:30 p.m. *unless something crazy happens and I can't eat dinner until then ... skipping meals = bad for your body. I think we all learned this from that episode of The Donna Reed show when Mary would eat a shitload at dinner because she'd been skipping lunch in a failed 1950s dieting attempt. Donna and Alex Stone told her this was not a sound plan, and Jeff Stone was mildly concerned.

The challenge begins on Sunday!! I will try and update at least 3-4 times a week from now on, I am sorry and hope you're still with me.

OH! At the meeting we discussed cravings and how to avoid them. I found out I am doing pretty well with this already but they gave some good advice. Like, try and find a substitute but if it doesn't work, just feed the craving. How reasonable.

2 comments:

  1. I will try to work out every morning this week too. wootie-woot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you're back! Great challenges! Go on, girl!

    ReplyDelete