Thursday, July 30, 2009

Working out Challenge! Five-Sevenths Complete!

Well hello my friends!

Sorry I have not checked in yet but it's been crazy busy.

I am super pleased to report that the workout challenge has been going swimmingly! No swimming has occurred but plenty of other cardio has. Sunday and Monday I worked out for a half hour each day due to time constraints! Lame I know but I got my goal in there.

Tuesday I did 45 minutes, Wednesday an hour and today another 45.

The failure comes in that this all occurred on my lunch hour or after work. I need to step it up and start going in the morning. This makes it impossible for things to come up later that cut my workout short. No one needs me at 7 in the morning so I might as well be at the gym, right?

A problem for the last couple days has been that I am STARVING. I think this is because I've been slacking on cooking for myself. Those homemade meals were really satisfying and filling. I've also cut way back on the peanut butter, switching from peanut butter on toast (peanut butter is a Weight Watchers "filling food") to cereal for breakfast. I gained that point 2 pounds last week (emphasis on the point! 0.2) and I thought maybe the reason I didn't lose was that even though it's technically OK to eat peanut butter, maybe starting out with such a high fat food was not a good idea. We shall see how this worked. I've been missing it and fell off the wagon twice this week and had it for dinner.

I am pleased that I managed to do something active each day and this just proves that I have no business being a lazy bum!

I will give a full report Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. The thing I've trying to do with breakfast right now is find cereals and yogurts that aren't totally full of sugar (since I love me some cereal or yogurt for b'fast). Apparently 20+ grams of sugar first thing in the morning isn't a good thing. Who knew? Just my two cents....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say it only makes 4 days to make a habit! I like to work out in the morning to get it over with but I find it very easy to make excuses...but if you treat it like its work or something (something you can't snooze through) it is easier..and by the time I'm actually DOING it its not bad at all/I'm happy I did. I need to do that every day next week. hmm.

    ReplyDelete