Sunday, July 26, 2009

Working Out Challenge - Day 1

So this week's challenge is to work out every day (barring injury or illness). The goal is to work out each day and do some activity for AT LEAST 30 minutes.

Today, I didn't feel like I had enough time to actually go to the gym with my busy schedule of television, eating lunch, putting my laundry away and reading the Internet.

So, I decided to work out at home! I have a mini-elliptical, exercise ball, some weights and a Wii Fit. Some of the positives of working out at home include: Being able to pull your pants up super high, and no one cares; Watching TV; Not having to leave.

For the first order of business, I worked out by watching 90210. Watching Steve Sanders and Brandon's (soon to be unveiled as a racist!) love interest Brooke win the beach club's volleyball tournament was exhausting!

Then I got real and did a quick half-hour on the elliptical while watching the State. I prefer TV to music when working out - my iPod is loaded with TV shows to watch at the gym, and I am currently on Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother. I feel good about accomplishing the goal I set. I do want to do more, and I very possibly will when I get home tonight.

Yay fitness!

2 comments:

  1. Haha...good for you! Although I went on a long walk and a long bike ride (separate occurrences obviously) I feel I should do a little something more. Maybe I'll finally attempt the Dirty Dancing - The Workout DVD I checked out of the library about a month ago.

    Keep eating your veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I just found your blog bc of Twitter (I think) and I am certainly going to be one of your faithful readers. I don't think I ever told you, but when you were visiting here last March, you were totally the one who inspired me to join WW, so I have you to thank for that. Good luck on all this!

    ReplyDelete